Always in season

   Tarts are by far my favorite sweets to bake. I hesitate calling them sweet, since one of the very things that inspired me to make my own was to reduce the sugar, I like buttery and more natural fruit, nut or chocolate flavors.
    Once reading a blog on line I found the best pastry recipe ever for my tarts.  It was simple and hard to fail.
First place one stick of butter (1/2 lbs. ) in a glass oven proof bowl (I use Pyrex), 4 TBlsp. of water, 3 tsp. of sugar, swirl and place in oven set at 400 F. I usually place mine in at around 350 so it goes up gradually.  Leave in till butter is melted and just starting to bubble, about 15 minutes.
Take out carefully with towel and remember when mixing with 1 and 1/4 cups of flour that this dish is hot.  Quickly the pastry will pull from the dish and it will look clean, once this is present and flour is incorporated, it is done.  I place mine into tart pans and fill with whatever I am in the mood for or what is in season.
Tarts are lovely for any occasion.  Remember to cook the crusts for about 12 minutes in a 400 degree oven. And fill with whatever you desire.







Comments