Whole Orange Bundt Cake

 

  I love this cake, I made it in a loaf pan with yogurt, because that is traditional to the yogurt cake, but without yogurt I made it in a bundt.  

   



A friend of mine has an orange tree, and they are sweetest oranges I can recall ever eating, and so juicy. I wanted to thank them with a treat so I could only imagine how could I use the entire orange and make something yummy and something I would be willing to repeat?  I don't mind zesting, however, when I know my zesting and squeezing will include an entire fruit or more I think it makes sense to use the entire fruit. So I did.  I had searched the internet and found a recipe for a bundt that uses the entire orange, I made that, and it was delicious. without a  doubt this is so simple and extremely moist, I am looking forward to making one with the entire lemon as well, but for now, here is the entire orange.   
Orange (whole) Cake        oven 350, 407 minutes
                                                                             
Ingredients
Spray or grease and flour bundt  pan

1 whole orange
3 x large eggs
180 g melted butter (6.3 oz)
1tsp of vanilla
2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
3/4 cup white sugar (my adjustments already made)
1½ cups a/p flour

1½ teaspoons baking powder 

FOR THE GLAZE: (if want)
1 cup confectioner's sugar
4 Tbsp fresh­ squeezed orange juice
1 tsp orange zest

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour loaf pan (I used bakers joy)
3. In a medium bowl,  flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In blender orange, yogurt, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
5. Pour wet ingredients into dry, whisk together add oil, whisking until fully incorporated.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 47 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
7. If making glaze combine sugar and orange juice until mixture is clear.
8. When cake is done, allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Then run a butter knife around the sides to loosen it. Turn it out onto a baking rack positioned over a sheet pan. Turn upright.
9. After 20 minutes put in fridge or set on counter for several hours, setting makes it more flavorful.


10. Just before serving drizzle over cake glaze over cake if using and zest of orange and decorate with fruit if desired.

Comments